NOW HIRING! Custom Product Specialist
Responsible for interpreting customer specifications and drawings, marking up specifications, gathering costs, quotation content, pricing and any pre-order project management based on customer request. Work with multiple departments for cost sourcing and product design. Provide excellent customer service by handling customer concerns/questions, understanding production capabilities, having extensive product knowledge, and returning quotations in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to interface directly with any customer type at any level, suppliers and internal resources.
- Enter quote requests into system and transfer all information received into request packet.
- Ability to independently interpret specifications and mark up customer supplied specifications accurately.
- Search quote history, prepare quotation, review costing, evaluate pricing by comparing to past quotes and taking into consideration current market conditions.
- Price each quote to meet or exceed corporate margin goals and complete the quote.
- Ensure product compatibility including but not limited to: body to chassis, mounting kits and harnesses, optional components and application of any auxiliary equipment.
- Enter requests for quotes for purchased items to the purchasing department.
- Utilize supplier provided programs for calculating cost of their products.
- Extensive phone and e-mail contact on a daily basis with existing and potential customers.
- Review of discrepancies, delays and warranty issues from previous orders associated to opportunity.
- Know packaging and shipping process and compatibility with product being quoted.
- Submit quote revisions, complete revisions and ensure accuracy of revision.
- Review conformity to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
- Participate (possibly facilitate) in design review meetings, customer inspections and customer visits when requested.
- Ability to work with multiple departments on a daily basis answering questions or gathering information to answer questions in a timely manner.
- Determine need for majors meeting and facilitate meeting.
- Maintain descriptions within quoting system as necessary.
- Maintain customer contacts in system.
- Participate in company and department meetings.
- Ability to attain extensive Knapheide product knowledge as well as knowledge of auxiliary equipment used in the custom application.
- A 4 year college degree is preferred but a combination of technical training and work related experience will be considered.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to make independent decisions while at the same time, functioning in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required.
- Project management experience is beneficial.
- An understanding of fabrication and assembly processes is helpful.
- Must have ability to work extended hours as needed to meet customer needs.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Products including Word and Excel.
- Must have strong communication skills.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
- Normal standing, bending, walking, lifting in an office environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally or in written form with individuals at any level.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer multiple continuous hours per day
The Knapheide Manufacturing Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center as well as medical, life, dental, and long-term disability insurance, a 401K savings program, and retirement benefit. For more information on this position, please visit our website at www.knapheide.com/about-us/careers.
If you meet the requirements for any of these positions, please submit a resume to: email@example.com or Human Resources, The Knapheide Manufacturing Company, PO Box 7140, Quincy, Illinois 62305. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.
Location/Region: Quincy, IL (US - 62305)