TITLE: YARD WORKER
POSITION: Full time worker 40 hours / week
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for utilizing personnel and equipment in order to achieve quality results and service.
This is a full time job. DUTIES:
- Provide Outstanding Customer Service
- Approach ALL Customers in the Yard within 30 seconds
- Remove lumber from units and place boards in rack, according to grade and length using upgrading techniques.
- Remove defective and/or damaged lumber from racks for cutback.
- Assist customer with loading of lumber.
- Provide Outstanding Customer Service!
- Maintain Yard Inventory. - Assure racks are fully stocked with quality lumber.
- Make deliveries. - Oversee cutback and assure maximum use of lumber.
- Inform manager of lumber requirements.
- Assure a clean and safe working environment.
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers, employees, and upper management.
- Perform related duties as assigned. - Responsible for all yard services including deliveries and Customer Service.
- Maintain the appearance of the yard and racks in an orderly and clean manner focusing on his area
- Always represents Pro Build Supply with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge simple mathematics.
- Clean Driving Record. - Must be able to drive a manual transmission.
- Heavy Lifting required. - Standing for long periods of time, outside, and sometimes in harsh weather conditions.
- Should have at least a C class license, or be able to obtain one.
- CDL is not required. - Knowledge of forklifts preferred.
SUPERVISORY DIRECTION NEEDED: This position should not require close daily supervision.
Workers shall be self-motivated, and be able to follow instructions given.
NOTE: This job requires more than just driving.
There will be a lot of manual labor and must be able to work outside in the elements while being on your feet all day.
This is a physically demanding job. All Trucks are medium duty flat beds requiring only a class C to operate.
HOURLY WAGES: Wages are based on experience.Please apply in person
Pro Build Supply 439 N. 17th Street
Quincy, IL 62301 Call:
Greg @ 217-223-1060
Location/Region: Quincy, IL (62301)