At Corizon Health, we share a common bond to deliver extraordinary care and client service. We take pride in achieving excellence and honoring our responsibility to deliver safe, effective and efficient healthcare services that better our communities. Join our team and experience a work culture that encourages professional growth, development and well-being. Find out why, as healthcare experts, we could work anywhere, but we choose to work at Corizon Health and make a difference together.
Correctional care is a highly specialized field of nursing that allows you autonomy and the rare opportunity to use most of your nursing skills. You may see triage care, dentistry, lab, x-ray, ophthalmology, infirmaries, emergency rooms, and much more. Correctional nurses are the first on the scene healthcare providers, so no two days are alike. We welcome nurses from all backgrounds including, but not limited to new graduates, nursing homes, hospitals, dialysis, home health, and doctors offices. You will be able to treat trauma, chronic illness, substance abuse, and mental illness to name a few.
We have an exceptional opportunity for an Assistant Director of Nurses to join our healthcare team at the Northeast Correctional Center located in Bowling Green, MO.
• Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, administers the nursing program in the Healthcare unit, directly supervises one shift and shares 24-hour responsibility for all nursing and paraprofessional personnel
• Participates in the recruitment and orientation of new nursing personnel. Actively participates in in-service training programs and staff meetings
• Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Healthcare Unit; confers with Director of Nursing in matters of policy and program development
• Schedules evaluation conferences for non-supervisory nursing personnel and participate in their performance evaluations on a regularly scheduled basis
• Collaborates with physicians and other members of interdisciplinary team to develop and initiate health review
• Supervises the preparation of records of nursing care and other treatments given to patients
• Plans and supervises the implementation of various nursing care techniques. Supervises the emergency medical care given in accordance with written policies of facility
• Serve as liaison between nursing staff and Director of Nursing to relay pertinent information, to serve as consultant with problem solving relative to improving health care delivery
• Prepare and submit daily, monthly, and annual medical records and reports as requested to administrative staff
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment
At least 3 years of experience as a nurse manager or similar.
Previous experience in a correctional setting is preferred, but not required.
Possess or ability to obtain a CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) Certification
Knowledgeable of specific state laws and regulations governing practice
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening
Benefits include the opportunity to become Certified Correctional Healthcare Professionals (CCHP), a designation given by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care
5 weeks Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
$10,000 in Tuition Assistance for continuing education
401(k) with company match
Free online Continuing Education program; Comprehensive Onboarding; Mentor and Preceptor Programs.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Location/Region: Bowling Green, MO, US