Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise we encourage you to connect with us today.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Mental Health Clerk to join our healthcare team at Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center located in Vandalia, Missouri.
- Logs requests for offsite and diagnostic studies. Maintains mental health clinic logs and ensures that appointments are scheduled according to DOC protocols.
- Assists nursing and other staff in issuing and tracking minor medical equipment (e.g. heating pads).
- Collects data from ER logs, segregation logs, etc. for monthly QI reporting.
- Coordinates scheduling of on-site specialty appointments (e.g. X-ray, physical therapy, medical-surgical subspecialties).
- Answers telephone, takes messages and makes telephone calls as needed. Types correspondence, reports or memorandums, as needed. Orders, receives and maintains office supplies.
- Maintains roster or appointment book based on scheduled appointments, both offsite and onsite, as needed.
- Updates medical diet lists, as needed.
- Other related duties as requested by Supervisors or Health Services Administrator
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year experience in a mental health care environment.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
If you feel you’re a great match for this role we encourage you to apply today. If you’re not sure if you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply, we love to meet new people. We suggest that you leave a note for our recruiters with any concerns that you may have.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Location/Region: Center, MO