As a Shift Manager you will be responsible for assisting the execution of daily operations activities. The following provides an overview of the basic responsibilities of a Shift Manager however, with each certification you will be qualified and expected to provide additional leadership in one or more additional areas (Open/Close, Kitchen and/or Customer Service). You may be responsible for overall restaurant effectiveness. As needed, you may be assigned other managerial and supervisory responsibilities, including performing as the Ops Leader. See certification position descriptions below.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Train, monitor and reinforce food safety procedures to crew members.
- Act as Cash Manager as needed, including setting up cash register(s) at open and verifying cash at close.
- Perform walk-thru to ensure restaurant is ready to open/close and/or rush-ready.
- Work with Restaurant Management team to train, develop and communicate with crew members and Team Trainers through team huddles, manager meetings, etc. Supervise crew members and Team Trainers in a way that maximizes retention.
- Supervise, coordinate and delegate the execution of operations tasks and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures to "Delight Every Customer".
- Work with Restaurant Management team to ensure quality, production and service standards are met and to create a safe, efficient and professional environment for customer and other employees.
- Help execute appropriate shift-specific procedures according to DOP. Assist the Restaurant Management team in maintaining proper coverage via crew member schedules to ensure that the restaurant attains/exceeds all customer service standards.
- Follow up and ensure resolution of VOC issues as needed.
Open/Close Shift Manager Overview:
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to supervise, coordinate and delegate opening and closing responsibilities and procedures. Your team will count on you to ensure compliance in the areas of timely open and closes, cleanliness, food safety, as well as line prep set-up. You will be a leader in creating a productive, clean, safety conscious, and friendly work environment. You will mentor and develop crew members and Team Trainers. You will partner with other Restaurant Management to identify specific opportunities for optimizing efficiencies and maximizing the profitability of the restaurant.
Kitchen Shift Manager Position Overview:
The Restaurant Kitchen Manager is responsible for ensuring we are upholding our commitment to Quality. In this role, you directly impact the ability of the restaurant to "Delight Every Customer" by ensuring compliance in the areas of service, production, quality, and food safety. You are instrumental in the restaurant's ability to deliver our core menu of high quality items, along with our limited time (LTO) menu options. You will mentor and train team members as you continue your path of personal and professional development.
Customer Service Shift Manager Position Overview:
As a Restaurant Customer Service Manager, your primary responsibility is to create a service culture designed to "Delight Every Customer". You will inspire the entire restaurant team to drive a customer-centered service culture to build customer loyalty. You'll lead the planning process for daily operations, to guarantee every shift is set up to deliver the best customer service. You'll be the expert on executing great huddles in our restaurants, which is the Wendy's way of regularly communicating with our restaurant teams on what's most important to our customers and how we can exceed their expectations. You will partner with other Restaurant Management to identify specific opportunities for optimizing efficiencies and maximizing the profitability of the restaurant.
The Wendy's Company is the world's second largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy's system includes more than 6,500 franchise and Company restaurants in the U.S. and 25 other countries and U.S. territories worldwide.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- One or more years of restaurant experience
- 6 months or more of restaurant, retail, customer service focused, or equivalent experience
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining composure and giving sound advice and direction. Must be able to take direction, give direction, work well in a team environment and have a strong customer orientation focus. Must exhibit professionalism, composure, and discretion when expediting or resolving all customer related concerns and issues.
- Ability to work, concentrate and perform duties accurately in a fast paced environment that may involve noise and hot/cold temperatures or other elements. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time. Position requires the use of a headset. Frequent lifting and carrying (up to 25-50 pounds, as necessary), reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling and stooping is involved.
- Must be available to report for work promptly and regularly, as well as work all day parts and days of the week. May be required to transfer from one location to another and must have the ability to travel to other restaurants, Area office, etc., as business needs dictate.
- Must have or be willing to obtain ServSafe certification by end of training
Wendy's is an equal employment opportunity employer who may provide reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Location/Region: Hannibal, MO (63401)